Ever since I found out about the goodness of chia seeds, I've been incorporating it into my daily diet. Introduced it to my hubs and elder boy too ;-)
I sprinkle over cereals, add into coffee/tea, add to yogurts etc.
Here's something you might wanna know about this superfood!
13 Awesome Reasons To Eat Chia Seeds Every Day
Here are a heap of reasons to eat chia:
1. Chia is gluten free
2. It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues.
3. It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon!
4. It boasts 20% protein
5. The protein is a complete protein with all 8 essential amino acids
6. It is high in antioxidants (It has a four times higher ORAC value than blueberries)
7. Chia contains five times more calcium than milk
8. Chia contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
9. It contains three times more iron than spinach
10. It contains twice the potassium content of banana
11. It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails
12. It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics)
13. Chia makes a great egg replacement. Just combine with water to form a gel, and add it to recipes that call for egg.
HOW MUCH CHIA SHOULD WE EAT?
Nutritionists recommend that 15g/0.53oz (one tablespoon) of chia is consumed each day. Be sure to drink plenty of water as chia is very high in fiber.
HOW CAN WE EAT IT?
+ Sprinkle it raw onto almost any food
+ Add it to breakfast cereals, salads and soups
+ Add it to bread and muffin recipes
+ Mix with water or coconut water to form a thick gel
So do check out on this lil' seed which boast tons of goodness for your body ;-)
Have you tried it before?