Saturday, May 5, 2012

Melaka trip- Part 2

Ok after chomping down goodies in Part 1 of our trip in the day, we eagerly waited for evening to arrive as we can have a taste of SATAY CELUP!!!!!!! Yes, it opens only in the evenings after 5.30pm till late at night.

We saved space in our tummies and eagerly made our way to try the very popular local delicacy from Melaka- Satay Celup. There are many popular restaurants in the city selling satay celup, mainly Capitol Satay and Ban Lee Siang, there were others as well that we saw along the way, but I guess not as popular :-)

As we made our way to our destination, we passed Capitol Satay, see pix below! This was the queue around 5.30pm......... OMG right? Heard from people that no matter what time you go, there's always a queue... no way am I gonna wait in line with a big tummy! And hubs will not do that too....


See the long long Q... the shop is small and has only around 12 tables, so each group will have to wait patiently for their turn!


You can see many youngsters who are gamed enough to wait in line for a table at Capitol Satay, not many people with families and kids


After driving for another 5-10 minutes, we arrived at Ban Lee Siang along Jalan Ong Kim Wee.
We chose this over Capitol Satay as we know the wait will be shorter and we just wanna EAT and not wait so long!


When we arrived, we got a table almost immediately!
What a relief :-) Pays to go early....
Ban Lee Siang occupies 2 shoplots compared to Capitol Satay so the waiting time is much shorter, can occupy more customers.
Wasted no time... we quickly adjourned to get what we wanted to eat :-)


The yummy peanut sauce in the middle of the table... before you start eating, someone will come round to top up the sauce and stir in more peanuts to make the sauce thick, yumz..........


Putting our stuffs in to cook!



Can't wait to tuck in :p


The inside of the restaurant, on the right are the fridges where u go and take your ingredients


Satay celup! SHIOK! I love the kangkong... crunchy and delish when coated with the peanut sauce.... *drools*


They serve bread and cucumber slices as well for you to dip in the satay sauce... I love the cucumbers and ordered another plate of it


Darling so happy with the food hehe


All in our tummies! *BURP*... excuse me :D


Boss will come round to count how many sticks you ate


Altogether I counted 44 sticks... not including plates of quail eggs and drinks! :-)
Each stick costs RM0.60 regardless of what you take.
We ordered a few rounds of drinks as we were perspiring the whole time while we were eating, it was a HOT day!
The bill came up to RM40+ which was super reasonable... wish I can be there again relishing the whole experience, right NOW!


There was a long queue outside the restaurant when we finished... phew!


Verdict? Thumbs up!!! 
Damn good and delish............ *slurp* yummylicious!!!!!


Here's the address of both the restaurants FYI :-)

Ban Lee Siang Satay Celup
45E, Jalan Ong Kim Wee,
Melaka

Te: 06- 284 1935
Opens 5.30pm – 12.30am

Capitol Satay Celup Restaurant
41, Lorong Bukit Cina, 75100 Melaka, Malaysia
Tel: +60-6-283-5508, +60-12-229 5505
Operating hours: from 5:00 pm onwards

28 friends spoke up!:

Cookie said...

hello Kristie!

I love your header! That's definitely You! Is it a girl this time? ;-)

I also browsed your other posts. Oh my, what yummy foods! I'm drooling over here.

By the way, when are you due? I've noticed many of my online friends from Malaysia are pregnant these days and one already gave birth, hehe. Take Care always!

anry said...

My first and every visit for satay celup is Ban Lee Hiang, yummy~

Kristie said...

Hey cookie! Ya it's me alright ;-) I'm expecting another boy early June! Tnx ;-)

Kristie said...

High 5 Anry ;-)

chinnee (chinneeq@gmail.com) said...

we prefer this shop too because they give bread, whereas Capitol dont have.

Sigh..during my schooling days, mana ada crowd like this~~~

Kristie said...

Ya chin Nee, with modern technology, good food is fast to be shared!

FiSh. ohFISHiee said...

dont opt for capitol next time :) they have bbetter satay celup at the town area too

Latest: Pearl Discovery

Small Kucing said...

so long queue ah? no thankiu lo hahaha

you went during public holiday ka?

Kristie said...

Fish.Ohfishiee- ya I don't think we will ever have the patience to wait there!

Kristie said...

Kathy same here lah. Won't wait like crazy for food! Haha. I'll go really crazy if I have to wait so long! Ya so happen it was the labour day weekend. But apparently it's always packed like that one.

MeRy said...

satay celup...never try before la. Looks yummy.

Kristie said...

Mery, u must try if u ever go to Melaka ;-)

アンゼエリン said...

Satay celup shiok lor...yummy

Kristie said...

Angeline, ya shiok betul!

Sheoh Yan said...

Satay celup is a must eat food in Melacca, I reckon. The price is so reasonable. I ate these more than a decade already. I hope I will get to eat these again in future.

Kristie said...

Ya sheoh yan, cheap and good ya!

rachel said...

love browsing your blog.. looks yummy..read a post about your new bag.. where you got it from?

Kristie said...

Hi rachel thanks for dropping by!

Sorry which bag r u referring to?

rachel said...

err... i think it's a gift for you from hubs. saw it the other day was meaning to ask where you got it from :)

Adrine said...

Wah, that's a LOT of sticks! :)

Kristie said...

Rachel sorry it's been some time so I really can't remember where I got it from :p

Kristie said...

Ya Adrine! We even ate more than the table of 4 beside us! :p

yvonne said...

OMG, I'm no going to queue that long for my dinner at Capitol Satay! I don't have the patient and so do my kiddos :)

Now you made me crave for lok-lok (something like satay celup in my place here).

ChloeRuoyi said...

44 sticks... wow! It's like once you start, you can't stop :) You make me wanna go to Melaka right away hehe.

Kristie said...

Ya Yvonne. Neither me nor hubs have the patience too! Lok lok also nice ;-)

Kristie said...

Chloeruoyi mummy- ya can't believe we ate so much too! Haha

mNhL said...

That queue.....pengsan!

Kristie said...

ya mNhL- really damn long Q man.... go slightly later no tables dy! :D