Friday, May 4, 2012

Melaka Trip- Part 1

Hubs and I, yup just the both of us went for a weekend of purely makan trip to Melaka.... been craving for the food there since a few months back and I knew I had to go soon cos time is running O.U.T! :p
Melaka is really HOT man.... the sun really burns into your skin, makan also sweat, walk along the street and you have beads of sweat dripping down to your forehead into your eyes!

Was craving for the durian cendol, the chicken rice balls, satay celup etc! It was just a night's stay.. so as much food as we can gobble down.... LOL! sound like gluttons right....... :p

After reading great reviews on Nadeje Cake Shop, we decided to check out one of their outlets to try out the mille crepes!


As it was our first time there, I ordered the popular Original flavour, and my fav Rum and Raisin mille crepes and asked the staff there to recommend another flavour, he recommended Chocolate Strawberry
Original flavour... very nice, hubs and I loved it :-)
One of my fav! Rum and Raisin

Chocolate Strawberry, we didn't like this flavour at all! Lousy recommendation...
Nadeje Plaza Mahkota, (06-2838750) opening hours for weekdays are 12pm-10pm, weekend 11am-10pm. Open every day.

Nadeje Dataran Pahlawan, (06-2843469) opening hours are from 11am-10pm daily.

Nadeje Jaya 99, (06-2277750) opening hours are from 11am-10pm daily.

Love the ancient and quaint looking buildings


Lovely decorated trishaws


Clear blue skies but really hot, humid weather

Spotted this guy selling Nyonya Chang along Jonker Street, bought some back to try :-)

Verdict? YUMMY!!!!!!! It's so tasty and the size is just right... wished I had bought more :p


Just us :-)


Love this pretty basin in our room
Some pretty sights we caught along the way..............





Another pretty looking basin :-)


So old fashioned... so pretty!



More on our Melaka trip... next! :-)


22 friends spoke up!:

Family First said...

Such a sweet trip, just the 2 of you. Yes, you both indeed deserve some time together before No. 2 comes. Where did you stay .. that one part 2 ah?

anry said...

yummy~ i miss those food now. the popiah and mochi are nice too. *drooling*

Kristie said...

Joanna, we stayed in Baba House, just parallel to Jonker Street!

Anry, tnx for dropping a comment, your first eh? hehe... soon soon you also go makan ok :-)

anry said...

hehe, ya, first comment here. ;-) sure, we like cari makan at malacca too.... i still miss the cendol and tau kua selling in a little tiny shop.

Kristie said...

Anry, yes everyone who goes there have their fav shop to go to for the local delicacies!

Sheoh Yan said...

It was such a good getaway for you and your hubby, especially before you due. You look so good. The cakes look good too.

Yee Ling said...

Nice one...we are going there soon.hehehhe

Kristie said...

Sheoh yan, tnx... :-) yeah the cakes were really not bad!

Yee ling, enjoy yourself :-) get ready for the HEAT!

Hayley said...

Eee I hate you.... You tempted me with the crepes I've always long for! :P

Hmm, it was really a nice getaway before your next baby comes~

Kristie said...

Hayley... dont hate me lah... go makan, go makan! :p

yvonne said...

Hehehe, not really 2 of you but 3... the lil one in your tummy, you didn't count meh? Early bonding :p

I never had mille crepe before.... looking for the recipe now, see whether I can replicate it in my kitchen *crossing fingers it won't turn out disastrous!*

Kristie said...

wow yvonne, u are really ambitious huh! The mille crepe cakes are delish and it's like eating many layers of thin pancakes :-)

Have a lovely weekend!

prince n princess mum said...

The cake's yummy!~

Kristie said...

Thanks prince and princess mum!

Mummy Gwen said...

Thinking of going Melaka too..I miss the food. The mille crepes look so yummy. I never tried before.

ChloeRuoyi said...

Such a romantic makan2 trip you had there. Among the 3 mille crepes that you had, the choc strawberry one looks the best to me but then, looks can be deceiving ;)

MeRy said...

Romantic trip.....How I wish I can go for trip only me n my hubs.....without my little boy tagging along.

Kristie said...

Mummygwen, do make a trip soon! Only 2 hrs drive away ;-) enjoy ya!

Kristie said...

Chloeruoyi mummy, yup looks can be really deceiving! I should trust my own instincts next time ;-)

Kristie said...

Soon ya Mery when Ryan is bigger ;-)

アンゼエリン said...

So where is Jayden boy...anyway good to have 2 of you getaway at Melaka likes the mille crepes too..must be good. I havent tasted before...

Kristie said...

Angeline do have a try if u got the chance. It's a different kind of 'cake'! ;-) have a good weekend.