Monday, May 21, 2012

Honkee Porridge

Found a new makan place over the weekend! With this rule, you can't go wrong with Malaysian restaurants... I always pass by this restaurant and there are always people no matter what time it is... so where there's people, the food is bound to be good or at least not bad lah :-) I hate to try new places and am disappointed with the food... waste $ only!

After stuffing myself silly with spicy food recently, I decided to go easy... Jayden was also slightly unwell, so I decided porridge it is! Decided to try Honkee Porridge which I've passed by many many times but never felt like having porridge till over last weekend.


The Menu

It was such a hot day.... Jayden cooling down with a coconut :-)


Tried their specialty- Fish Porridge!

They serve the fish slices raw, and you cook it yourself, because they slice it very thinly, it cooks very fast from the heat of the porridge.
I thoroughly enjoyed this porridge, will definitely go back again for this!

We also ordered side dishes like century egg, fried popiah, yu char kueh etc.



After lunch, came home, and was delighted to have these pastries for tea! My all time favourite cream puffs from Berkerley, Klang, my mum gave us a surprise.... sweet :-) nom nom nom :p


In the evening, it was outdoor fun for Jayden, bubbles time!



It's fun mummy!


I huff and I puff, and bubbles appear!




Have a blessed week ahead!!! xoxo

14 friends spoke up!:

Irene said...

The fish porridge looks delightful! J feeling better now? I'm down with bad flu, sob sob.

Kristie said...

Irene, maybe u should try this porridge... it will definitely make u feel better! U take care *hugs*

yvonne said...

Oh my, your bowl of porridge looks delish and I'm hungry now.

prince n princess mum said...

d porridge looks so yummy!

Kristie said...

Yvonne it's really good.... ;-)

Kristie said...

Tnx prince and princess mum! It's really yummy!

Small Kucing said...

been to Hon Kee once or twice. First round no good but second round was better

Kristie said...

Kathy thank God my 1st experience was great hehe.

Merryn said...

Oooo.. the fish porridge looks so inviting. I love fish and will try anything with fish in it even porridge though I super hate porridge >_<

Kristie said...

Merryn, this fish porridge might make u love porridge! Lol! It's really yummy...

eugene said...

I am more attracted to that "century eggs " hahahah,that's my all time favorite but some reports say cannot eat that too much,cos can get cancer lah,, and some more they say from the country big C lagi teruk but once in a while don't care lah..

Kristie said...

Ya Eugene, the pei dan damn yummy with all the ginger slices! Ya eat little bit ok lah ;-)

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh...I think I haven't try raw fish porridge like this before. There's also Honkee porridge near my place. Maybe will give it a try one day.

Kristie said...

Ya mummygwen u should. Fish is healthy! ;-)