Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Strawberry Banana Muffins

I had a box of strawberries that were really ripening so quickly and they were pretty sour too to eat it fresh, didn't wanna waste them so the best would be to bake them since it wouldn't turn sweet overnight right? ;-) had some ripe bananas on the table too.

So I thought to myself.. Why not make some muffins? Strawberry banana muffins! Whenever I wanna bake something, I always go to joyofbaking.com for recipes as all the recipes are tried and tested and some of the recipes have videos to demonstrate how to bake them. There are recipes for muffins, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, tarts, pies and so much more....

Here are the results of the muffins, I love the cinnamon spiced aroma while it was baking... Heavenly!

We all enjoyed the muffins very much and right after dinner, we could still pop a few into our mouths for dessert!

Recipe here if u wanna try it out ;-) there's an instructional video below for u, enjoy!!!


Baking


Fresh from the oven!



love the top golden crust



moist strawberries... yumz!



Love the tint of pink blush outside the case



Jayden couldn't wait to tuck in!



12 friends spoke up!:

Merryn said...

Drooling already! Love Strawberry and love bananas so I guess this is just perfect for me! ^_^

MeRy said...

must try out this recipe since I have some ripes banana at home.

Kristie said...

Merryn, if u love these 2, then you will love this muffin :-)

Mery have fun ya!

yvonne said...

I don't really like strawberries because they are sour, or maybe the one that I got was sour :(

But judging from Jayden's look, your muffins are a success! The strawberries aren't sour, are they?

Kitty said...

Nice muffins! You are really good at making muffins.

Kristie said...

Yvonne, I used these strawberries to bake cos they were too sour to eat on their own! Normally the more expensive ones are sweeter :-)

Kitty, thanks!

アンゼエリン said...

Kristie looks awesome goodness! yummy

Kristie said...

Thanks Angeline :-)

Hayley said...

Banana and strawberry really works ok? May be I'll give it a try, but don't know when.. haha :P

Kristie said...

Ya hayley, this combo works well together! Nice tangy and moist ;-) Try it when you're free! ;-)

Shannon @ JustAsDelish said...

oh yummy muffins! adore those foil muffin cups, where do you get them?

Kristie said...

Thanks Shannon, I think I got them from Daiso last year :-)