Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life is short...

Saw one of my neighbour's house setting up a canopy at their house and I was just thinking... oh another function going on... but on a weekday? Anyway I just let the thought go by.

Later in the afternoon, I saw a Nirvana truck parked just outside the house. Then it occured to me, oh shit, it's a funeral, someone passed away :-(

Apparently, it's a man named Ronald whom I've said hi and bye to for several occasions. I never knew his name till that day :-( He was also a famous artist, according to his friends who came to the funeral.

I always see him dressed nicely in a shirt and pants, and instead of driving, he will take a walk to the shops, very nice man, humble and quiet.

Life is so short and fragile, he actually had chest pains that afternoon, went to GP and doc said he had a mild heart attack. So he drove to UH emergency to quickly seek help. At this juncture, you would also wonder why drive himself right??? I was thinking the same too. When he reached there, he had another heart attack and passed away there :-(

Just the thought of him driving himself alone in discomfort is enough to make me all teary eyed and distraught! Why didn't he call anyone for help??? Or maybe he did? Time wasn't on his side?

Anyway, although I didn't get to know you Uncle Ronald, I pray for your soul to rest in peace and may God bless you always.

Always treasure your loved ones and tell them you love them... life is short and fragile!

8 friends spoke up!:

LittleLamb said...

I know Ronald. He is from our church. He is one very humble guy.

Kristie said...

Rachel what a small world. Yeah he's a nice man. U came for the funeral?

Merryn said...

Several weeks ago, the same happened to my neighbour. I saw canopies too and knowing that they are the type who celebrates the simplest of thing I was thinking, "Again?" Until I realised that the canopy this time is white with blue chairs instead of red. My heart stopped. I bumped into the neighbour's son on the way to the playground and asked him to which he replied it was his dad. He was singing KaraOK the night before in a wedding when he collapse and passed on... I still couldnt get over it as he still young. Only in his 50s.. each time I look at his house, I feel sad... empty.. :'(

Kristie said...

Ya Merryn although I don't know him very well, I feel really sad too as I often see him and acknowledge his presence by a hi/bye. He looked so healthy to me too ;-(

Cynthia said...

May Ronald rest in peace and be with GOD! Sometimes, I can relate the experience of sudden lost, as I lost my father that way too.. .just in that few hours...

Kristie said...

Cynthia, I'm sure your dad is in good hands ;-) god bless u and your family!

chinnee (chinneeq@gmail.com) said...

sadly many are just too busy to realise that life is short, and take things for granted. Sad ya...may this soul rest in peace.

Kristie said...

Thanks Chin Nee.