Monday, April 23, 2012

Gifts from Land down under

Relatives went for a holiday and came back with so much goodies for us... It's lovely when people think of you when they are holidaying huh? :-)

Gifts from land down under... Aussie Aussie! Know why Australia is known as Land down under?

Just to share, sourced from here:
"The land down under" refers to its position on Earth. Australia is the only continent with a permanent population that is entirely below the equator, hence the name, 'Down - Under'. From an Australian point of view, it seems as if the northern hemisphere continents are ' down under'! Look at a globe and you will understand why.

Activity book and Mcqueen stickers for Jayden
Souvenirs, kitchen gloves, notepad, magnets, placemats etc
Thanks Aunty Melissa for the cute romper for baby no.2!
Cars and more cars for Jayden... lucky boy!
I just love collecting fridge magnets!
Dark chocolate chips, dried fruits, gummies, lavender and wasabi cheese! Macadamia nuts yumz..........
Dried Craisins, so yummy! D.O.M from duty free for me, a koala bear mug for Jayden and an Australian map fly swatter! haha
Thank you Aunty Melissa for this book :-)

Chocolate Heaven
Gorgeous salted macadamia nuts, to die for lah!

T-shirt for Jayden from Aunty Clara and cute bip from Ah ma :-)

Pasta, more gummies and dried fruits!

For Jayden again.........


Dried fruit chips and more snacks for Jayden....!
Happy with all his gifts!
New cars!
Koala bear tissue holder, birthday candles and foam stars for handicraft
Car silicone mould and cute shaped cookie cutters for mummy :-)

As you can see, Jayden is the winner lah, he got the most gifts hehe....

Now I have to find space in my fridge to store all these yummy goodies! I just love munching on the macadamian nuts, the gummies, the dried fruits (cranberries, blueberries, cherries), dried fruit chips... aiyoh making me more fat! :D I might need a bigger fridge soon............. :p



20 friends spoke up!:

Family First said...

I kept scrolling & scrolling .. oh boy, thats quite A LOT of gifts there!

Kristie said...

Hi Joanne, ya was surprised with all the gifts too!

Health Freak Mommy said...

OMGosh, the gifts seem never ending. I scrolled and scrolled and kept seeing more and more!! Your relatives are so so so so generous. Do they need god daughters?

Kristie said...

LOL Shireen.... yeah was surprised too with all these stuffs, will share within the family lah :-) ur girls like gummies, I have a few packs!

Ming@Bentomonsters said...

Wow, lots of goodies! *drools*

Kristie said...

Tnx Ming for dropping by my blog! Yes a lot of goodies indeed :-)

MommyAngel said...

That is a lot ......wonder how they carry all that back! Normally when I go travel, my own stuff will be overweight already la . . .Jayden is so lucky! The fruit chips looks special oh, looks like Lays chips :)

MommyAngel said...

That is a lot ......wonder how they carry all that back! Normally when I go travel, my own stuff will be overweight already la . . .Jayden is so lucky! The fruit chips looks special oh, looks like Lays chips :)

Hayley said...

Wah, so much goodies!
I have the similar koala bear tissue box cover, hehe ;)

Kristie said...

Caroline, ya they have to offload some stuffs some more otherwise overweight! :D The chips is yummy :-)

Hayley haha yeah that is for Jayden is his room :-)

Mummy Gwen said...

OMG...so much goodies. Your relatives are so generous. Oh...you are expecting a baby boy ah..;)

Kristie said...

Yeah YL, expecting a dragon boy!

foongpc said...

I love the fridge magnets and the koala bear tissue holder! : )

ChloeRuoyi said...

My, that is really A LOT! It's like your aunt went shopping just for you :p Enjoy your goodies! :)

Jobless Girl said...

Jayden looks excited over the gift that he received.

Kristie said...

Thanks Foongpc, I love those too, practical gifts ya!

chloeruoyi mummy, haha ya I guess not many kids to dote on in the family that's why :-)

jobless girl, yes he was overwhelmed with gifts!

yvonne said...

Wow! That's lots of stuffs from "down" there, hihihi! I personally love those chocolates and nuts!

Kitty said...

Wah, really a lot of goodies!! I like the pasta!

Kristie said...

Thanks Yvonne.. ya these 2 are also my weaknesses :p

Kitty, ya i like it too!

ayshwariya said...

interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you


















Christmas Gifts to Chennai