Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our Very Own Steamboat ;)

We had our very own steamboat in the comforts of home sweet home for the very 1st time! Yours truly did all the shopping for the ingredients and made our very own soup base too... It was such an 'enriching' experience for me, everything from scratch.... ;) Started to make the soup first thing in the morning, boiled for a few hrs and it was nice and rich by dinner!

I used to frequent a steamboat place which is air conditioned but somehow that place closed down and now I'm still hunting for a nice steamboat place but to no avail :(

So homemade steamboat was the only way to go!

Some of the ingredients we had: different varieties of mushrooms, lots of vege, quail eggs, tofu, prawns, yam, assortment of fishballs/fishrolls and so much more ;)

More photos here!

Posted by Picasa


7 friends spoke up!:

Alice Law said...

Swinging by from Eugene's Bold talk, Hi! I love steamboat too, every new year eve we have steamboat instaed of continental chinese cuisine!

Have a ncie day to you!

eugene said...

Hey Kristie,,,you know one thing you should never miss when walloping steamboat,, guess what,,,,,,?scrol down for the answer hahah










Beer lah,,,,,

agnes said...

steamboat?? OMG!!! It's my favorite and we often go to Menjalara Kepong for it.. once or twice a month??? hahahhaaa...

to be frank, I couldn't find nice steamboat ard Sunway or Subang area so far lah...

and my MIL will surely prepare steamboat on every Chor2 also.. :)~ yum yum~ and I only whack the fish balls!!!!

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow...Kristie you are great lah. Looks so good just like the ones in the restaurants. I'm drooling over your steamboat already.

Serene said...

Wah Kristie, you really makes me hungry here... hahah. I love steamboat too! Homemade steamboat is more healthy and it's yummy, isn't it?!

smallkucing said...

nice home made steamboat. tarak MSG. all pure. And also can add as many things that you love to eat into the pot :)

Kristie said...

yes serene, kathy, all natural flavours, no MSG!