Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Beetroot Porridge

Bought a piece of beetroot the other day and decided to make porridge for Jayden. I added carrots, fish and split lentils. By the way, I only use brown rice for his porridge, high in fibre and healthier! The combo of the vegetables adds a natural sweetness to the porridge and it was pretty tasty. Any idea how else to include beetroot in a toddler's meal?

Ok food aside, Jayden is now very 'innovative' with his toys.... with the basic stacking of rings, he already knew how to put them in order, so he has found another way to play with them....

yes... to put his through his feet and walk around the hse!

Mummy, do I look nice with my 'anklets'? hehehhehehe
Posted by Picasa


9 friends spoke up!:

Serene said...

Haha.. Jayden is really innovative! I never try beetroot in Xixi's menu before, because the color looks very "geng"! Your beetroot porridge looks nice!

smallkucing said...

LOL...seeing that pic reminds me of the chinese story ...the "Hung Hai Yee". Also same ring on the feet

mommy to chumsy said...

oh is beetroot sweet? i had them once - steamed and it was horrible :( i went on a strange 3-day diet which has beetroot in the menu...hehehehhe. perhaps i should get some and cook porridge for ashley :D

Mummy Gwen said...

Maybe use beetroot to boil soup? I never cooked beetroot before actually. Jayden is really creative...haha..it's good he find ways to entertain himself and mummy elsewhere. :)

Mummy Moon said...

I try cook beetroot in porridge before, but cook in soup once. I am not so like it, hence I didnt cook this beetroot soup again.

2ma said...

jayden giving that cheeky smile in the last pic. i like! *hehe*

Kristie said...

yeah tried beetroot soup the other day, will blog abt it soon ;)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I am not a big fan of beetroot but I know it is wonderful vege which full of vitamins, so normally I will also use it in porridge.

Haha...Jayden is so creative in putting the rings on his ankle.

Kristie said...

ya joanne, beetroot can be used in salads too for adults ;)

yes jayden is full of cheekiness now ;)