Thursday, February 11, 2010

CNY goodies!

For this year's CNY, we just bought some meaningful deco to hang in the hse, nothing fancy, just some 'red stuffs' to add some mood for the new year :)




We bought 2 banners and hung them on the wall. They both mean 'Welcoming prosperity to our doorsteps' and 'Gong xi fa cai, receiving money with our hands' :) We hung a lovely deco of the word 'Chun' on the front door.


Every year, I look forward to this bacon bak gua, have you tried this? I love this like crazy, after eating this once, I hardly eat the normal square bak gua anymore :) It's much 'fatter' due to the bacon bit but it's super delish.... bought them from Loong Kee. I also bought some mochi and nian gao to celebrate this CNY!


This is what Mummyjays been busy with :) CNY Cookies!

Nastar pineapple rolls, cartoon cookies


Sunflower Seed cookies, Kuih Bangkit, Earl Grey Almond Crunch


Green pea cookies, Doggie cookies, Cranberry cornflake cookies, Peanut cookies

Am still in the midst of baking since I can only bake in the evenings when James is home. So am burning the midnight oil... hopefully I can finish all the baking and packing before I head down to JB next week!

Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone!!!!!

14 friends spoke up!:

XiuXiuWong said...

hey, happy chinese new year...

have a blessed and prosperous new year ahead =)

Lemonjude said...

Happy CNY to you too..you really baking a lot there..

gaiki said...

Kristie,
Happy CNY to you and your family. Your biscuits looks delicious!!

Next year we should order from you!
Gond Xi Fa Cai!!!

2ma said...

wow!! so many home baked cookies!! happy chinese new year to you & your family!!!

Mummy Moon said...

Gong Xi Fat CAi! Love all the cookies you bake there, :P

Julie said...

The doggie cookies are so cute. Those bacon dried meat are my fav too.

Wishing you a blessed and prosperous year. Gong Xi, Gong Xi.
The doggie cookies are so cute. Those bacon dried meat are my fav too.

Wishing you a blessed and prosperous year. Gong Xi, Gong Xi.

MeRy said...

Happy CNY to u & ur family..

Mummy Gwen said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai To You And Your family!! Kristie, your baking skill is really good. The cookies look so delicious. :)

Ann said...

Oh My GOSH !!! Your goodies all look super heavenly delicious!!! :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Bacon Bak Gua, I never tried before. Will it taste salty?

Wowww, you have baked a lot of nice and yummy cookies...share some with me lah, hehe.

Kristie said...

Thanks everyone, I am so happy that I baked all my own CNY cookies this year... didnt buy any at all!

Joanne, the bacon bak gua is nice, not salty. My goodies all finished already :p next time ok!

Mummy to QiQi said...

ya...ya..i am like u too. once bitten the belly pork bak kua, i now hardly eat the square one. but so pricey hor...

Debbie Y said...

wow...you are great!! bake so much...

Just before the end of CNY, wishing you a prosperous year of roaring tiger...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Happy belated CNY! hope you had tons of fun!