Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Let's go back to Square 1

You know how couples tend to squabble and argue in relationships? I think it's normal and healthy at times but on the other hand, I tend to wonder why do we have to do it when it's avoidable?

Whenever I have an argument with my other half, I get really angry and disappointed cos why can't I talk to him nicely? If only I could video the 'un-nice' conversations that we have, then I can really see how ugly we talk to each other. Of cos like all other things, we always make up and apologise to each other and we promise not to do it again.

I was going through my past emails sent to me by James when we first met in 2002 and it was really an eye opener for me! All the emails we used to send to and fro while we were dating, when he was in singapore and I was still in australia. I could feel so much love and emotions as I read through all the emails which I saved... I'm glad I did, cos it serves as a reminder that we should always be what we were when we first began. I always believe to never take ur partner for granted. Of cos it's easier said than done. But do try to think of how you guys first met and how you're treating each other now. It helps a lot :)

It's 2010 now, it's been 8 yrs since we've been together. I never loved a guy so much in my life, and I love him more and more every single day! Amidst the squabbles we have, we always try to take a step back and remember how we first met and why we married each other.

Music was one thing that connected us when we were dating, we loved the same songs, we knew the lyrics to the songs and sang along. This song - Two Less Lonely People in the World by Air Supply was one of our most listened to songs during uni days... we love oldies... I know we are old farts :p

I love the lyrics, and whenever I need an uplift or just to reminisce the good ol' days, I would tune into this song :)

Tell your partner you love them everyday. Life is too short, don't regret it!

8 friends spoke up!:

the little prince said...

I still keep the sms that my hubby sent to me and he always teased me on that!! :-)

Its so nice when we read again all the messages together!!

sharman said...

:D really nice post, cuz!

Mummy to QiQi said...

so romantic of u, Kristie! :P

Mummy Gwen said...

You are right, dear..life is too short. I'm glad I came along with Hubby to Jakarta although I'm really bored here...haha.

You and James are made for each other. :D

MeRy said...

Touching & romantic story !!

Kristie said...

yes yugene, always nice to look back at the little things that set off the sparks ;)

mummygwen, u made the right decision, I would do the same too ;)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

It is such a sweet and romantic post.

Kristie said...

joanne- :)