Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our Papa Day!

No celebration takes place without good food and great company. Therefore, Father's Day is no exception! We had a great seafood dinner at Lala Chong and my parents brought a fish they bought from Sibu to steam at the restaurant, it was so fresh and yummy!

Also made a mango cheesecake, specially requested by my darling hubby, and since it was his 1st Father's Day, I wanted to grant his wish and also to make it extra special for him! Just the night before, I made a special card for him too, and it was placed on the cake just before all daddies blew the candles, 3 candles for the 3 daddies- My dad, bro and hubby!

Makan makan... Jayden was so happy can mam-mam...

see the the pix there with him clapping his hands :)


3 Daddies! Blowing the cake!

video

Jayden enjoying fish with rice, he was hitting Daddy's hands

cos he was too slow feeding him hehe...


Mango cheesecake I made for all Daddy-os and especially for James darling as it's his 1st Daddy's Day! :)


18 friends spoke up!:

MommyAngel said...

What a huge and merry celebrations there :) It's so nice to be able to celebrate with all the daddies together :) Jayden looks as cute as ever there!

Wow ... the Mango Cheesecake looks so yummy!! I bet it must taste havenly :) You are such a great baker la .....

LittleLamb said...

u r such a good wife. I am sure ur hubb is over the moon ..haahhahaha

Happy Father's Day to ur hubbs

little prince's mummy said...

Wow! Nice baking... Happy outings!

Ley Mei said...

yummy cake... special Father's day for ur hubby huh...

The restaurant (lala Chong) is @ the new location right ? i saw banner they shifted..

Mummy Gwen said...

Wow...what a great celebration for the 3 daddies. You look lovely in the dress..I like the color and style of your dress. Oh my, your mango cheesecake looks like it was bought from the bakery. You are GOOD! Haha..the video of Jayden hitting Daddy is so funny.

Adrine said...

I almost went to Lala Chong for Father's day too but venue was changed last minute. If not, would have bumped into you again!

The mango cheesecake looks yummy. You're getting really good :)

Fussy mum said...

Wow...i like mango cheesecake, yours look really good. Agree with other mummies that you're really a good baker. :)

Rose said...

wow! Sure was a big celebration you have there. The mango cheesecake finished up? :p it must be tasty.

the little prince said...

Wow...nice celebration ya!!

I love Mango Cheesecake..yummy yummy!!

ALL daddy must be very happy ya!

Serene said...

Kristie, your Mango cakes looks yummy! Can share the recipe? heheh =)

A gift from God said...

Kristie,

Can I have the recipe? hahha.. looks like everyone had a great time!

2ma said...

so lovely!!!

Esmeralda said...

Lovely cake there! My favourite! Any recipes?

Anonymous said...

sorry girls! Mummie a.k.a. Ah Ma Doris finished most of the Mango Cheesecake! Sure was yummy! Kristie makes everything special and she's my girl alright! :}
The Papas and the family are a lucky lot if they only know what effort has to be put in to make it memorable for the 3 PAPAs! Aiya! cannot find my identity so have to settle to become an ANONYMOUS person:(

slavemom said...

The cake looks delicious! And extra special with the handmade card.
*laughing at the 'violent' video* kekeke Poor Daddy, got hit coz he's too slow.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yoo Kristie, you really pro in baking. The mango cheese cake look so nice and surely cheesy, hehe.
The decor is grapes?

Jayden look so much grown up in the video. Very cute boy.
He likes to eat adult food ya?

You went to which brand of Lala Chong? How do you find the food?

Kristie said...

Caroline, yes it was an awesome get-together amidst everyone's everyday busy lives :)no lah, not good baker lah, very easy only, u can make it too!

yes rachel, since he is my man and the love of my life, i try to fulfill whatever he wishes for :)


leymei, the restaurant is still opposite subang airport, terminal 3!

mummygwen, thanks, u are also a great baker :)

adrine, alamak, otherwise could have seen u and elyssa again :) thanks, u are also a good baker :)

fussymum, thanks! I love to bake, and always cross my fingers that it will turn out well! :)

Rose, yes it was finished during that celebration :)

serene, a gift from God, esmeralda, thanks, i will post recipe on my mummyjays blog soon :)

hi mummy aka ms anonymous! :) thanks for commenting, just a little something from me lah! love u too :)

thanks slavemom! yeah u noticed the card! :)

Joanne, u can try making this cheesecake too, it's really yummy, will post recipe on my mummyjays blog soon :) The top is actually mango gummies! Ya jayden loves to eat fish, so i gave some fish with rice :) Yes we were at lala chong subang, i must say the food is good, but not cheap!

Mommy and Daddy said...

I love the cake but too bad I dislike cheesecake....

Thats mango gummies? But the colour is not in yellow colour ya?