Saturday, June 13, 2009

Moment in Time

Just earlier on while James and I were putting Jayden to sleep, as usual Jayden would like to play play play non-stop even though he was so tired... I try to only let him nap once a day so that he won't have problems going to sleep at night. If he sleeps in the evening, I make sure it's 30 mins the most, otherwise we will take forever to put him to sleep.

Anyway back to the subject, while we were putting him to sleep, we both lied down in the middle of him. Jayden was in his 'mabok' state (drunkard state) standing up, falling down and doing it over and over again. Finally he just flopped and lied down beside me, his arms holding my arm and slept off. He has done this before, but everytime he will wake up again then flop right in the middle of the bed and konk off to sleep.


But tonight, it was different.... he slept right next to me, holding my arms... It was a moment in time for me, I felt so touched! Tears just filled my eyes and cascaded down to the bed, James looked at me and murmered, 'he's so cute... so touching right' Yes, Jayden really touched my heart, he's such a loving and affectionate boy. I felt as if he was like a newborn again, so cuddly and dependent on me. I will really miss these moments. I also felt guilty recalling all the times I raised my voice at him.

Like it or not, the clock is always ticking, time is passing by swiftly and Jayden will only grow bigger and bigger! At times like this, I wished the time could stop now! As a boy, when he grows bigger, I hope he will not be shy with affection with his mummy :) Mummy is always here for you with open arms and mushy kisses!

15 friends spoke up!:

HN said...

That's really a sweet moment to remember Kristie :) So touching!

Lemonjude said...

Definately sweet and touch act from Jayden...Do cherish those moment, now my boy start to speak and ask me go away...haha...

I miss the little baby sleep in my arm too. Now hug him a little longer also want to escape.

MommyAngel said...

This is so touching Kristie .... I felt the same way with my little Angel too but can't seems to put my feelings into words. Reading this post of yours really bring tears into my eyes too because I feel you too :)

Sometimes we just can't imagine that one small little person could bring so much joy in touching moments into our life :) Let us cheerish every single moment of our kid growing up together :) I think I even enjoyed moments which Angel is naughty too coz when she grows up, I think I will miss that moment too ..... :)

MeRy said...

Such a touching story...That's close bonding between mom & baby.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I can feel the special and touching moment too. Coz that day Sarah also unintentionally fall asleep in my thigh.

Jayden likes to play on the bed b4 he goes to sleep? Same lah...Sarah will usually jump and play inside the room for about 30 mins before dozed off.

So now Jayden only take one nap?

the little prince said...

I feel the same way too!!

Well..there are more 'moment' to come when they can talk..they are really sweet!! :-)

Mummy Gwen said...

Awww....so sweet. Yeah...cherish this moment and keep the memories forever.

Rose said...

It is great to be a mum. Every seconds count. Cherish those memories may they be joys or tears.

little prince's mummy said...

sweet sweet moment!

Mummy Moon said...

Yeah, moment in time...

Kristie said...

thanks all mummies, i am sure ur angels have also brought u joy and touching moments like these before!

yes angel, i am glad we feel the same way. Yes, sometimes it's part of childhood to be 'naughty' ya, part and parcel of growing up! :)

Ya joanne, jayden always tries to stretch his sleeping time hehe... play play until so tired then pengsan... :) Ya nowadays I will try to stretch his 'awake' times, so he will sleep earlier or at least on time without fussing!

Stephanie said...

Aww....so touching leh.....

Mummy Zuan said...

hope we can be the best mommies to our babies,because they are so little they really need us.so touching lah jayden...

Kristie said...

yes stef, everytime i remember that moment, i still feel so warm inside my heart :)

mummyzuan, yes i love this feeling now, soon they will be big boys then they won't be so manja already :)

Mummy to QiQi said...

so sweet hor when they are little. quickly get another one.