Thursday, April 23, 2009

Melaka Trip With In-laws!

We went to Melaka last Saturday for a night's stay as my hubby's family was heading down there from Singapore due to a long weekend with Good Friday as a public holiday. So we thought it would be a great time to meet up since we seldom go back to Singapore...

The journey down to Melaka was good, not much traffic, hubby drove. But...but... the minute we reached Melaka tol, it was jam all the way to town.... gosh!!! So many Singaporeans man.... everywhere was Singapore cars. Melaka is now a favourite haunt for them as it's just 2-3 hrs drive from the island. Everywhere, the malls, the streets were infested with Singaporeans, good place to spend their dollars right? If I were them, I would also do the same thing... I used to work in Singapore too, and would always come back to JB during the weekends to do my shopping... spend like crazy hehe...

It was wonderful to catch up with everyone again! Was good for the cousins, Jayden and Carys to spend some time together too, it's so beautiful to see kids together, they are so pure and innocent :) My FIL was so happy too, get to spend quality time with his 2 grandchildren. He was beaming the whole trip, he looked like such a proud ah kong!


Ah Kong with his grandchildren, Carys & Jayden

Spending time together :)

Glorious food... chicken rice ball, succulent chicken, yummy nyonya kueh, the ever delicious durian cendol, we had more good food but too busy eating so didn't capture the yummy pix :)


Happy Family :)

Melaka is really smart in attracting tourists... I remembered the last time I was there, there were not much tourist attractions other than Jonker Street, Christchurch and so on... this time I went there, there was Eye on Malaysia, and Menara Taming Sari, I call it the UFO as it goes up pretty high and revolves so that you can have a good view of Melaka. These activities made the town so lively and fun.

On the 2nd day, we did more walking and sightseeing, the sun was scorching hot and I had to apply sunblock on Jayden's skin, could feel it burning! It's always so hot in Melaka... We left around 6pm, and I took over the wheels all the way to home sweet home...

Gifts for Jayden from Aunty Pat, Uncle Gunver and Carys...


Lovely trip, hope there will be more to come :)

23 friends spoke up!:

the little prince said...

Wah,, you went up to Menara Taming Sari...me from Melaka not yet go 'up' there!! :-)

Ah Kong so cute, hold two grandchild together..

James looks like his father yeah...

Vince Ong said...

Lovely family there :)

Well I'm from Melaka, so just care about people blog about Melaka. Hope you enjoy touring around this beautiful city.

Regards, Vince.

2ma said...

we were at a-famosa last wkend too...weather was extremely hot!!!

FAMILY FIRST said...

Sure ah kong happy lor .. one girl & one boy on one arm each!

Serene said...

Everything nice.. nice trip, nice food, nice company.....
Your FIL and James are so look alike! I think they looks more like a brother than father and son. heheh =)

Mummy Ryan said...

Kris u didnt go for "Satay Celup" + cendol ar??????? such a lovely + nice trip.........

Merryn said...

things u need to do if u in malacca again.. satay celup n roti john! u tried the chicken rice ball ody.. dat is oso malacca's trademark.
another trademark is the extremely hot weather!!! :)

little prince's mummy said...

Such a wonderful family trip!!!

Nowadays singaporean likes to go malacca instead of johor, I suppose...

LittleLamb said...

i like the food only :)

Nice family bonding trip

MeRy said...

Nice family gathering.....have alot of nice foods too. U try the satay celup??

HN said...

Glad that you had a wonderful trip in Melaka! The food photos made me drools ler!!! Especially the durian cendol:D

Cookie said...

wow! you really had fun with your family. That's great! Jayden must have enjoyed the trip especially with families around...

Natalia said...

Your husband is Singaporean?? This is a really good trip. Everyone looks so happy. Jayden also look very comfortable inside the sling.

Rose said...

Huh? so many singaporean in Melacca??? Maybe they bored of shopping in JB. hehehe!


Ohh, i miss the chicken rice ball! Yummy! Ate it 10 years ago there.......hmm, must visit Melacca someday, with my family of course

Mummy Gwen said...

Melaka is my Hubby's hometown..hehe. I love the food there! It's good Jayden get to spend time with the rest of the family members.

Oliveoylz said...

So near, yet so far...ha ha. Can u believe I've never been to Malacca? I really have to make a trip there...can't wait to try those chicken rice balls. I've heard so much about them...and want a pic with A Famosa, have only seen it in my history books at school! ha ha.

Agnes Sim said...

kids are so cute. ;-)

Sweetiepie said...

wow your baby is so cute!I love your baby sling.Looks so beautiful and fashionable.:)

Maria said...

I love the picture you post girl. Kumusta na ate? Miss you.

Ivan Yau said...

wah .. nice trip ... can see all ur family members were so happy :)

Jaanvi said...

wow! beautiful pics... really nice...

Bonnie said...

Nice trip.. And love those photos.. And I saw someone wearing the peek-a-pouch.. :) New is it?

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

The food looked nice and I am sure it taste good too.

You looked good too.