Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cuppycakes


My version of Raisins Almond and Chocolate Chips cupcakes!

Baked some cupcakes before I went to Melaka, brought some for my hubby's family too :) Left some at home for my sis and ourselves.

Love love love baking... although I did it late at night, surprisingly I didn't feel tired at all, in fact I was so excited to see the cakes rising in the oven! It is really my therapy when I feel bored or just itching to do something!

It was yummy and my niece was excited to see all the pretty hearts and stars on the cupcakes.

A pity Jayden can't share a cupcake with me. Darling, mummy promise you next time I will bake yummy cupcakes for you ok, just for you!

Will be doing more bakes in the very near future :)

20 friends spoke up!:

Mummy Gwen said...

Mmmm...yummy cupcakes. So colourfull! Oh...you are so good in baking.

2ma said...

wow, yummy cup cakes! when u enjoy what u r doing, u will never feel tired hor *hehe*

Hi! I'm Grace said...

Yummy, cupcakes! I wish I can have one. Looks like it will go best with my cappucino. :)
It is so nice to be back here, Kristie.

FAMILY FIRST said...

Aaarrrgggg .. feel so geram my house not ready yet, and my oven is not up yet .. aaarrrggg!

Fussy mum said...

Nice and colorful cupcakes!! So u are into baking too. :) How nice if I can have one now...hehe.

Contentedmom said...

wow...a real good cookie chef! I cant get anywhere close to that!

Mummy Moon said...

Woh, you can bake too! the cake look colorful! My girl will sure like it! Y Jayden can not eat meh? A few bite is ok 1, cake is soft...

Merryn said...

alamax.. kesian jayden.. u didnt not take a bit a bit n let him jilat jilat? hahahahaha.. nice cupcakes u have there..

karenyiau said...

Wow, you can bake pretty well...looks nice and yummy. I'm so jealous la...I can never bake properly...

Mummy Zuan said...

yum yum!!..i wish i can bake also..tried before..ended up keras macam batu..

Lemonjude said...

Home bake cake is always the best...your cake looks good and colourful...

reanaclaire said...

hi kristie... thanks for dropping by..your cupcakes really look yummy..

Jaanvi said...

nice colorful and seem very delicious... looking forward to some more baking from your side..

Bonnie said...

Nice..can send some to me ah? Haha.. :)

Kristie said...

mummygwen, not pro lah, just baked for fun!

2ma, it's so true.

grace, i bet it'll taste awesome with a nice cup of cappuccino :) welcome back dear.

family first, soon ur house will be ready and ur oven will fill the house with cakes and cookies and their lovely aromas!

fussy mum, i was always into baking actually, never got around to doing it ever since I had Jayden!

contentedmom, can't really go wrong, just follow the steps :)

mummymoon & merryn, inside got eggs lah, havent introduced eggs to jayden yet!

karen, it's pretty easy actually, just bake some plain cupcakes and put whatever fillings u want and whatever toppings u want!

mummy zuan, u should try again, i am sure u can do it.

thanks judy, i agree with ya!

claire, especially yummy for a foodie like u!

jaanvi, yup i will definitely bake more!

bonnie, got guarantee from POS malaysia that it can reach like its original state? :) next time, u come to KL i bake for u!

Wonderful said...

Wow Kristie .. u really keng. I tried to bake chocolate chip cupcake but all my cupcake din rise at all sigh ... what went wrong ar .. mind to share your recipe?

MeRy said...

Yummy cupcakes...

Kristie said...

enid, usually cupcakes dont rise very much, muffins rise more, anyway do try this recipe:

INGREDIENTS
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup milk

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a mixing bowl; set aside. Whisk together the egg, melted butter, and milk in another bowl. Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 25 minutes. Cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes, then remove to cool on a wire rack.

I added in raisins and sliced almonds to my cupcakes :)

thanks mery!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Wowww...nice nice nice. So colourful. I like cupcakes too.

I also feel extremely happy when I see my cake is rising in the oven, hehe.

Kristie said...

ya joanne, i love to watch my bakes rising in the oven :) so therapeutical! thanks :)