Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sick Spells


After Jayden's series of visits to the paed, when he was finally getting better, mummy fell sick. Came down with high fever few nights ago, was shivering the whole night, couldn't sleep in my room as the air con was just too cold for me, had to sleep in the living room without the fan, and yet I was shivering, felt so chilly and my wholy body was aching like crazy... these went on for a few nights... doctor said I had tonsillitis... my tonsils were inflammed and infected! And my worst fear? Jayden got the viral infection from me... I felt so bad, what a bad mummy I am. Just when Jayden was feeling better, mummy passed the virus to him. We found out that Jayden wasn't feeling well when he had a fever the day before, a mild fever and was quite cranky. And yesterday morning, he vomited his milk twice, gushed out like a waterfall, the 1st time when he vomited, we thought let's observe first and see. Second time, after finishing his feed, he vomited his milk again. We then brought him to the paed to check, better to be safe. That's when the paed told us that he seems to have a viral infection and asked if anyone in the house isn't feeling well... and that was me............... :(

Jayden has been very fussy especially at night, he wakes up almost every hour and just cries non-stop... gosh.. it was worse than the newborn period. Both of us are so exhausted at night and Jayden will wake up and wants our attention, last night, he slept for a while, and woke up crying for sooooo many times. Once we carry him, he will stop crying. He can still play with us on the bed. But once we put him back to the cot, he will cry incessantly. I got so fed up and told hubby, THAT'S IT!!!! NO MORE NO. 2!!!!!!!! It's just physical and mental torture. I don't know how parents handle more than 2 kids.

p/s. Sorry if I haven't been visiting your blogs like I used to and dropping comments, I also have a backlog of awards/tags, it's not that I don't appreciate them/forgot about it...I'll do it when the time is right. Thanks folks.

14 friends spoke up!:

MeRy said...

Kristie n Jayden, hope both of u will get well soon.
Jayden, be a good boy to mommy & daddy!!Kisses for Little Jayden..

Mummy Gwen said...

Poor mummy and Jayden. Mummy, be patient ya..when the little ones are sick they will be extra cranky. Jayden still small and his little body is feeling awfully unwell hence the crying and crankiness. Hope you and Jayden get well realllll soon. Take care dear. :)

Fussy mum said...

Poor you...It’s really not easy to handle a sick and cranky child especially when you’re not feeling well yourself. Hope the sick spell will soon be over. Take care and wish both of you a speedy recovery.

mommy to chumsy said...

oh dear. get well soon to mommy and jayden. take care.

Serene said...

Wish you and Jayden get well soon! Possible to get someone help to take care Jayden? So mummy could have a little rest too.

LittleLamb said...

get well soon.

little prince's mummy said...

Take care.. get well speedy!~

Stacey Lim said...

Hope both of you will get well soon!
I had the same experience before, I was going insane with the night cries. Luckily after they got bigger, I felt so much easier.
I'm trying for my 3rd baby next year, hopefully is a boy!
hehee..

slavemom said...

It's really no fun when the kiddo's sick. More so when u're not in tip top condition urself. So get rest whenever u can n hope both of u recover soon. Take care!

Kristie said...

thanks all again for ur concern. Jayden is still coughing with more phlegm, SIGH! mummy is getting better though.

serene, i have no one who can help me wor!!!!!!

wow stacey, no.3??? u are super ambitious leh... :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kristie, I think you have sure recover by now. Sorry for my late visit to your post.

Dont feel bad to yourself, sometimes is just unavoidable to pass down the virus to our kid when no one taking k of them other than us. I also had the same experience before.

I remembered this is not your first time of having tonsilities. You had it when you were preggy right? Poor you..Attacked by it so many times

Kristie said...

joanne, guess what? i only started to recover like these few days.. havent been sick for so long for such a long time... jayden also still recovering!!!

ya dear, again u have good memory... my tonsilitis, once i have it, will take some time to heal, this time very bad!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ooo, you just recovered from sick? No wonder these few days I did not see you active in blogging or foruming. Poor you and poor Jayden too.

Haha, again I have guess it right ya. Hope that you will recover soon on the tonsilities.

Kristie said...

ya lor... feel no mood at all last few days, now better :)

also if u read my post on anxiety attack... i hardly have time to surf net unless jayden is taking nap/go to sleep at night!

thanks dear!