Friday, March 13, 2009

Pregnancy and Delivery Tag

Tagged by my dearest fellow blogger mummies :) Kadusmama, Mummy Gwen and Fussy Mum! Thanks for having me in your thoughts.


1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes of cos lah :)

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was ecstatic!!! I've always wanted to have my own child.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Nope.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 28.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Used the test kits twice, one on a Sat, another on Sunday hehe... and finally went to my family doctor to confirm it... somewhat more convincing coming from a professional :p

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? My hubby! He was waiting for the results outside the toilet :p

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Definitely man... cannot tahan suspense one...

9. DUE DATE? 30 July 2008

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not at all! Damn lucky :p

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? My appetite definitely increased, pregnancy was like a passport for me to be a glutton... I ate lots of steaks, and unhealthy stuffs :p

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? leg cramps, nose bleeds.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD SEX? A boy boy!

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Yes :p

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? GOSH...a big 20kg...

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yup! Read more here :)

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I helped plan it :)

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No major complications, thank God.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? SJMC.

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I was induced in the morning at 7am, cervix dilated only 1cm after many hours. So at around 2.30pm, my gynae said I have to go for caesar there and then... I freaked out man.... was crying all the way to OT... hubby was super worried too. After 30 mins, Jayden was out safe and sound!

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My hubby drove, my mum was with me.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Gynae, anaesthetist and nurses. Wished so much that hubby could be with me!

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Caesar.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Epidural.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 4.23kg!!!

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? 1st Aug 2008

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Jayden!

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? He is 7 mths 1 wk and 5 days old!

8 friends spoke up!:

Bonnie said...

Wow..Jayden's birth wieght is heavy!! Your tummy must be very big!

Mummy Gwen said...

I was going to say that too..hehe..Jayden was a big baby huh.

KaDusMama said...

4.23kg??? *faint*

Lemonjude said...

Your pregnant journey sounds good and you are blessed with a big baby..

slavemom said...

So far, I think Jayden's the heaviest bb that I've come across. :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

It was so nice that your mommy accompany you to SJMC.

Esmeralda said...

What a big baby you have Kristie. No wonder you have to undergo C-sect. Poor you... were you afraid of it till you cried or just dissapointed? When my gynae told me that I need to undergo C-sect, I was relieved (coz I can just relax already - no more pain), and also dissapointed (as I was unable to deliver via natural).

You're really a lucky mummy. No morning sickness. So your pregnancy is a really enjoyable one... ;)

And your hubby is super-anxious... waiting outside the toilet?

Kristie said...

ya bonnie... i think i was big but people said i looked big haha...

ya mummygwen- my gynae kept calling him the heavyweight champion... :)

kadusmama- hehe yeah...

judy- thanks, i enjoyed my pregnancy!

slavemom- really ah???

joanne- ya was glad that she was with me :)

esmeralda- i went into delivery with the mindset that i was going to push hehe... so when i was told i am going for caesar, it was a mixture of being scared + disappointed!

hehe ya when jayden finally was out, i felt the same way as u, RELIEVED!

ya my hubby was anxiously outside the toilet waiting for my results from the test kit... :)