Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day Out- Just the 3 of Us! :)

Hubby was off on Wednesday and we took the opportunity to spend some quality time together since he sometimes works on Sundays too... Really missed him, poor man, working so hard for the family!


Anyway! We went to Pyramid and had a nice day out eating, shopping and spending time together. What is a day out without good food? :) I tried 'I Love Yoo' which I remembered reading in one of the mummy's blogs. I really enjoyed their Yu Char Kuey... so long and crispy hehe... the tau foo far was yummy as well and I preferred the sweet potato balls to the yam balls. As you can see from the picture, the paler coloured ball was the yam ball, the more yellowish one is the sweet potato ball.

Also bought an egg tart, green tea egg tart and cheese tart from Mr. Siew Bao, had it later for tea :) Hubby was hungry soon after and had his favourite Lon Tong at Toastbox! He was so happy when they had it, cos everytime we wanted to order, they will say habis... (finish)!

25 friends spoke up!:

MommyAngel said...

oh ... nice day out. Actually I enjoy to spend my weekends like how you spend it too, just 3 of us, nothing to do, lepak here and there and eat eat eat!!! You look great in the picture and looks so contented with Jayden by your side too :)

A gift from God said...

mmmm... yummy... no jam ah Sunway Pyramid?? We always have bad experience going there....

Anyway... weekends is always the best...can go gai gai with the family... :)

Esmeralda said...

Wow... that's one good-looking mama there... Jayden really knows how to pose lar.. so cute!

Yummy.. those food makes me drool, but too bad, can't eat those for the time being...

I also missed spending time with my hubby, just the 3 of us... he's also been very busy for the past 3 weeks, even on weekends, (and today too) so our time together was so limited... Luckily I have all of you as my friends here.... sharing thoughts with each other...

Merryn said...

jayden is so fair lah! jeles here.. :P n u look like one sexy mama over there! wonder how u can still maintain while looking after a boy of jayden's age.. for me, going bonkers now n then!

Kristie said...

ya caroline, these days are spent spontaneously... no plans.. just go with the flow.. hungry- eat, bored- walk walk, shop eat again hahaha... thanks dear, with jayden and hubby by my side, i am always happy!

a gift from God, i live pretty near, takes only 5-10 mins drive to pyramid...

esmeralda, thanks dear, had to play with him so that he will smile lah hehehe, was dancing with him! why u cant eat all those food? on diet is it? i always spoil and screw up my diet plans :p seems like ur hubby is also so busy... i guess they have to ya, cos only one income earner in the family, have to work extra hard. Cheer up dear, sometimes u guys also dont make me feel bored! :)

merryn, jayden is really fair... his skin is so white i tell u... hehehe no lah, me no sexy lah... i just dress up and put on makeup when i feel like it!

mommy to chumsy said...

glad to hear that you all had fun at pyramid. I love yoo's porridge is delicious :D So, did you all buy anything?

chanelwong said...

it is always fun going out with kids...we too have fun going out with Jeriel and Ariel...

slavemom said...

Nice to go jln jln on a w/day huh. Not so crowded, rite? Oh, it's common that the lontong's habis at Toastbox. Hubby din manage to eat last time too.

little prince's mummy said...

Green egg tart? Never try before... is it nice?

4malmal said...

hi chanced upon your site and WOW the FOOD! making me HUNGRY! :)

Serene said...

Jayden looks so much grown up alrady! Ya lor, i agree with you Kristie, a nice day outing must complete with some nice food =)

the little prince said...

WHat a nice outing ya..especially on weekday..that's what my hubby and I like to do cos weekday the shopping not so many people!

I like BB Jayden hairstyle..so nice!

Mummy Gwen said...

Yup..spending time with the family is really so much fun. You did something to your hair? You look so pretty there. Jayden grown so much already..wah.

LittleLamb said...

family time is so precious..
glad u had a nice outing.

Qi said...

Happy Family day !!
Jayden Big Boy now oh...Handsome and cute !!

Steph said...

Wow, Jayden now is such a big boy already!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Woww....mommy and daddy were wearing the same colour clothes. So ngam!
Anyway, you look great in the pic. You have lost weight ya?

I also noticed that Jayden has lost some weight too? Is he? Looking at his new hair style, really suits him. So cute boy!

I think I also have to try the food at "I Love Yoo". I am drooling when I see the food.

Your husband likes to eat lontong? I have tried once at Johor. It taste not bad.

Baby Darren said...

wow...it's nice to have this kind of family outing on a normal weekday which is not too crowded.

The food really looked good... maybe I should try it one day too..hehehe

Kristie said...

mommy to chumsy, we bought lots of groceries hehhe....

chanel, yup it's always great to spend time with ur family and kids!

slavemom, oh ur hubby also likes the lontong there ya? my hubby also likes it, but 9/10 times always habis! ya weekdays really nice to jalan2, not too packed, easy to find parking too.


peiwun, the green tea egg tart is not bad, with a tinge of green tea flavour :)

rachel, thanks for dropping by! hahaha I know u will miss local food when u are overseas...

serene, time flies, all our kids are growing up so fast! ya go out sure must makan shiok shiok hehhehe

yugene, thanks, yes we all enjoyed ourselves tremendously!

mummygwen, helloooooo... no lah, didnt do anything to my hair since like forever hehehe... thanks thanks... u also leng lui mummy... ya jayden is growing so fast, gosh!

thanks rachel, qi, steph!

joanne, i didnt realise we were wearing black tops until u mentioned hehehe....

thanks dear... i think i have lost like another 1-2kg... but still not enough!

jayden lost weight ah? maybe ya cos he is more mobile now...

ya u should try the food there, i like it cos it's simple and nice.

ya actually we both love lontong :)

baby darren, have fun! :)

quEeNie said...

A nice family day spent....I likes outing but now with 2 children have to rush, rush, rush...didnt enjoy it as much as b4 but happy

Esmeralda said...

Coz here don't have those great food lar.. that's why.. hehe.. when it comes to good food, DIET - keep in the wardrobe first... kekekeke.... Yalor...what to do.... just have to bear with it lar....

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Is great to know that your diet plan worked for you. So mind to share some tips?

Yes, Jayden does lost some weight. I think when he knows how to walk, he will get thinner..

Kristie said...

queenie, ya same here, now outings time pass so fast with a baby around :)

esmeralda, i really salute u lah, u have very strong determination!!!! gd luck dear!!!

joanne, no diet tips lah hehe.. i think ur diet plan is more successful than mine! i am not disciplined enough most of the time :p

ya, when babies get more mobile, they will look like they lost weight, i guess they lose their baby fat ya!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ooo..no diet plan? But you still managed to loose weight, how nice.
I have no choice than disciplined in my food intake. I am the type that VERY easy to gain a lot of weight altho I just eat lil food.

Kristie said...

for me, i love my body in the morning hehe... cos havent makan yet, so feel slim and light :)