Friday, February 20, 2009

Nightmare!

I had a nightmare the night before. I dreamt that the 3 of us, myself, hubby and Jayden were shopping in a hypermarket. Halfway through while shopping, hubby sat Jayden on some boxes, like putting him down, but he's sitting upright. The next moment, hubby and I were walking around doing our grocery shopping, and suddenly I turned to him and realised Jayden wasn't with him! So I asked him, 'Where is Jayden?', and he said 'Don't know!'.... OMG, my heart nearly stopped at that moment, I started running in whichever direction my mind told me to run to look for Jayden. And the funny part, instead of going to the spot where we left Jayden, I went out of the mall and out to the streets... I was running around aimlessly like a mad woman... I kept thinking, 'Oh no, shit... I can't lose Jayden... NO!!!' And after running outside for some time, I ran back to the hypermarket, and in there, my parents were also there, all running around looking for Jayden!!! Hubby must have called for back-up.

In the midst of frantically looking for him, I woke up.......

My heart was thumping so hard and I almost couldn't breathe! It seemed so surreal, now this makes me so paranoid... I will always ensure that Jayden is never out of my sight!

Normally, people always say that dreams are the opposite of what is going to happen, but who is so sure of this? I wonder what is my dream trying to convey to me?

Dreaming is defined as the subjective experience of imaginary images, sounds/voices, thoughts or sensations during sleep. Dreams represent a world of imagery in which our darkest fears, deepest secrets, and most passionate fantasies break out from the unconscious mind and only at this time become present to our own consciousness.

Here is an interesting article on what are dreams and what do they mean.

18 friends spoke up!:

Lemonjude said...

What a scary moment. Luckily is just a dream. Anyway in real, when we are outside, we also need to watch them tight..kidnap and lost kids are everywhere now.

Umma said...

Normal reactions for a Mom like you.. I will go frantic too if it happens to me.. But good thing it was only in your dreams hahaha..

Now, you need to hug Jayden tightly to let her know that Mom is being around.

Merryn said...

ok dat's scary! did u hug n kiss jayden once u are awake? coz i will definitely do that.. in fact, i will definitely take him out from his crib to sleep with me, just for the night if that were to happen to ME!

Mummy Gwen said...

I sure can't sleep after such a nightmare. Yeah must really watch over our kids like a hawk to ensure this kind of thing won't happen. But sometimes I pretend to hide from Gwen and told her Bye Bye when she won't leave a particular place whereby I leave her a few metres away but still keeping an eye on her la. I think I won't do that anymore in case somebody swept her away.

Qistina's Mama n Abah said...

How scary dream of you. For sure after wake up you quickly see Jayden is it..Luckily it was just only a dream..

Dont think about that too much then ok..

Kristie said...

judy- exactly... yes we cannot take chances.. there are so many sickos out there these days...

umma- yes! thank God it was a dream, i always hug jayden and let him know that I'm always there for him :)

merryn- hahaha.. no i didnt carry him out of the cot... i just peeped over and looked at him, it took a while to realise it was a dream!

mummygwen- ya better watch over our precious like a hawk man... dont take chances at all!

sha- ya lah! when i woke up, i quickly turned over to look at jayden, he was still sleeping soundly :)

mommy to chumsy said...

scary!!! i hate dreams like that and I have had them before. I have a phobia sometimes when we go out and I make sure either me or hubs is with Ashley all the time.

Little Inbox said...

Everything's fine, it's just a dream.

Rachel said...

Thank goodness it is only a dream.

I am also quite paranoid when it comes to K. I watch him like a hawk when we are outside...cannot take it for granted.

HN said...

It was very real and scary indeed!!! It also means that you really cannot lose Jayden, he is your everything! Haha, I dreamt of losing my hubby once.. does it mean that hubby is more important than my Sethy for me???:P

Fussy mum said...

wah scary!! but luckily it was only a dream...

I guess from now onwards you will watch Jayden closely when you are out shopping.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hoooo...What a scary incident.

Is it maybe you have heard of Caroline's story about the hide and seek game played by Angel when they were in supermarket, so now you had the similar dream.

For me, sometimes I will dream till cry (I can feel my tears drop after I awake).

Rachel said...

Btw Kristie, I have got a fun photo meme for you http://catchfortywinks.blogspot.com/2009/02/memories.html

Oliveoylz said...

It's ur subconscious telling you how important Jayden is to u...this is a freaking scary dream tho...one I can definitely do without!

Adrine said...

That's scary! You must have been very relieved when you woke up.

Btw, it was nice bumping into you last Fri. Although it was for the first time, a part of me felt like I was meeting an old friend :)

I go there quite often, so mebbe we'll have a chance to meet again next time. (when it's not like 5 minutes to closing time...)

Kristie said...

mommy to chumsy, rachel- better to be safe with our kids dear!

thanks little inbox.

HN- i am sure both hubby and sethy are equally precious to u :) same with me too, my hubby and jayden are very important to me!

fussy mum- yes, feel so paranoid u know...

joanne- angel playing hide and seek with caroline ya? never read the post hehe... but really better be safe than sorry, nowadays a lot of sickos out there. same here, sometimes i wake up crying too, whole face wet hehe...

oliveoylz- exactly!

adrine- definitely very relieved :) it was wonderful to meet u and elyssa too, she's such an angel, so adorable!!! ya we will meet each other again :)

Esmeralda said...

I had many of those dreams as well Kristie.. sometimes I did woke up with tears in my eyes (coz I was crying in the dreams) *shy shy*

Yup we do have to be specially alert when we are looking after our little ones..

Kristie said...

ya esmeralda, me too... dream until wake up crying too! nothing to be shy abt heheh.... we are emotional people hehe..

yes we have to always look ot for them.