Tuesday, January 13, 2009

X'mas & Birthday

It's been more than 2 weeks now after Christmas... real backdated post :p after x'mas was my birthday, then the new year... so many celebrations so didn't have time to blog on all these... now it will be an all-in-one post hehe, ready, get set, go!

CHRISTMAS PARTY at my bro's place- 24th Dec

We had a simple gift exchange amongst the family members. There were 14 of us altogeter. My mum picked me, I picked my cousin's boyfriend, my hubby picked his precious Jayden, my cousin from Australia picked James and Jayden picked my niece! It was very simple but it was exciting with the element of surprise involved!


the lovely x'mas dinner: turkey complemented with roast potatoes & vege, spaghetti bolognaise, bruschetta, my mum's famous ox-tail soup (to die for...), filipino fruit salad, liver pate and fruit cake!

CHRISTMAS PARTY at my parent's place- 25th Dec

The next day, we adjourned to my parent's house, they had another party for friends and relatives. It was a lovely evening spent with relatives, friends, my parents and of course my 2 precious.


All Jayden's pressies: from Jessie, Amanda, my mum, cousins, my sis and pohlin, thanks guys!

Mummy and Daddy's pressies

My birthday

We all went for a nice Hakka dinner with my parents on my birthday :) My hubby told me my birthday present was something very useful, and guess what was it? It was a bouquet of Ferrero Rocher chocolates haha... cos I always tell him not to waste money on flowers, so since he knew I love chocolates, he bought me a bouquet of chocos hehe, I like! :) thanks love. It was a lovely evening spent with my loved ones. Good food, excellent company!

22 friends spoke up!:

Serene said...

Wah.. 2 celebrations in the rows. The picture could tells how enjoyable day you had there!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Woww...nice celebrations!

- Jayden looked so cute with the head accessories.
- Kristie, you have a bro?
- The first event: The food is so nice...All prepared by your mommy? How is the liver pate taste like?

So envy you, have a big bouquet of 'flowers"...hehe. So you have finished all of them now?

You managed to try the "lui cha" lor?

Adrine said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Looks like you had a fab time for all 3 celebrations. It's always lovely to celebrate with loved ones.

MommyAngel said...

Kristie, I think your x'mas celebrations is so nice with all your family members gathered around and exchange presents. Your hubby got you Ferrero Rocher bouquet?? How nice .... I love Ferrero Rocher!!!! It's definitely more practical then flowers. With flowers you still need to think of where to place them ….. Guess we are the same Capricorn, always go for practical stuffs :P

Fussy mum said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kristie!

wow! loads of nice gifts, yummy food and most importantly, great celebrations with your loved ones :)

Baby Darren said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kristie..

You are sure one lucky girl who loved by so many people..

Esmeralda said...

Happy Belated Bday to u Kristie. Your bday is on the 26th Dec?

It's a really big Xmas celebration there ya.. U hv 14 siblings??? That's a big family ya..

Speaking of oxtail soup, I'm drooling lar. I remembered when I was pregnant with Ashton, I always wanted to have oxtail soup or oxtail assam pedas for my meals.. *lol*

A bouquet of Ferrero Rocher? Have u finished that already? Haha... It must be very hard to eat such a lovely-wrapped-choco ya?

Jayden must be very happy with all the ppl around him. Never made him bored!

Gallivanter said...

Looks like you had a blast! Nice one!

Kadus_Mama said...

Happy belated birthday to you.. :)

FAMILY FIRST said...

The pics are great! Looks like you had a fantabulous time! And more to come during CNY! Gong Xi Fa Cai yeah.

agnes said...

Happy belated birthday to u!!! what a cool celebration for xmas & bday!!

Oliveoylz said...

Oh Wow! A bouquet of chocolates, man...do u need help with finishing them??? haha...Lovely compilation of christmas pics u have there. Btw, I have an award for u. Do check it out at my blog :)

Bonnie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Wow..the food at ur bro's place looks really tasty..*drool* LOL

You guys get a lot of pressies..and you're bouquet of choclate is nice..

2ma said...

happy belated birthday kristie!!!

Mummy Moon said...

Happy belated birthday mummy!

the little prince said...

So warm the celebration...and the food so yummy yummy....

Am sure BB Jayden love it too...is he tired that two days where is back to back celebration....

LittleLamb said...

wow...that's lots of celebration all together :)

Great family..great time.. Precious moments :)

Happy Belated Birthday to you Kristie..All the best.

Natalia said...

Nice celebrations. The turkey looked so delicious!

Happy belated birthday to you dear! I like ferrero rocher too.

Kristie said...

serene- yes that is why i love to take photos... they are beautiful memories!

joanne- thanks!

-Yes I have a bro from my 2nd dad. -Only the ox tail soup was prepared by my mum, my bro and SIL prepared some dishes, and we purchased the turkey :)
-the liver pate tastes like cold ham actually!
-haha the bouquet already 'botak'! hehe!
- haha u remembered! yes i managed to try lei cha, and lots of other hakka dishes... loved them soooo much!

adrine- thanks :) yes, lovely to be around loved ones.

caroline- ya lor... i am very practical in that sense! haha, high 5!

fussy mum- thanks!

baby darren- yes, we all love one another very much :)

esmeralda- thanks! my birthday is on 30th dec.

-no lah, not 14 siblings hehe... plus cousins, uncle & auntie :)

-yeah the bouquet of chocolates finished... really yummy! haha... next time when my mum makes her oxtail soup again, i will DHL to u haha...

-oh ya... there were so many willing babysitters during the parties hehe...

gallivanter- thanks!

kadus mama- xie xie!

family first- yeah... more celebrations coming up, happy CNY to u too!

agnes- thanks, we had a blast!

oliveoylz- yeah already finished them haha.... thanks for the award dear :)

bonnie- yes the food was delicious! jayden got the most pressies of cos :)

2ma, mummy moon- thanks!

yugene- he did take naps in the afternoon cos most of the parties were in the evenings :)

rachel- thanks a lot, all the best to u too!

natalia- yeah next time we shall share and eat ferrero rocher together :)

slavemom said...

That's wat make a great celebration - good food n great co. Jayden got a lot of pressies, just like celebrating his b'day. :)
Happy Belated Birthday to u!

Lemonjude said...

What a happening year end you have....happy belated birthday and new year..

Kristie said...

slavemom- haha yes exactly! i think for his birthday sure got more pressies and ang pows hehe... :)

lemonjude- thanks! yes it was a great end to a great year :)