Saturday, January 10, 2009

Coloured balls


I know the Dong Zhi festival is over, but I just had this craving to eat tang yuans! And since I'm too lazy to make them from scratch, we were walking at C4 and I passed the frozen food section. I bought a packet of rainbow tang yuans, pandan leaf and some rock sugar. Oh my... it really tasted sooooo nice :) it's been such a long time since I last ate tang yuans, and my hubby, my sis, her bf and myself sure enjoyed it after a good dinner! It was as good as though we made it ourselves!

I will try the black sesame and red bean flavoured tang yuans next!

19 friends spoke up!:

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Guess what, I never tried sweet tang yuen before. Coz my mom always make salty taste soup for the tang yuen.
Maybe I should try sweeter tang yuen next time.
I think I have seen the frozen tang yuen the other day, but I did not buy.

Oh ya, I got an award for you
http://samydy.blogspot.com/2009/01/triple-awards.html

nicole said...

i love Tang Yuen too.... usually we also bought the frozen tang yuen , got sesame, peanut, red bean.. yummy!!!
This yr we buy the Soya bean (in bottle) as soup, boil together with this Tang Yuen, u may try it!

Kristie said...

joanne- guess what? i've never tried salty tang yuans before! hahahah... we are the opposites :) i am so used to taking sweet ones... with a hint of ginger :)

thanks for the awards...

nicole- yeah good idea to try soya bean, am sure it will taste yummy too!

Little Inbox said...

Oh?! I never know frozen tang yuan can be as tasty as home made tang yuan. Will givr it a try too. :)

Joanne ~ said...

It look very delicious... i never try ready made rainbow tang yuan before, may be can have a try in future :)

I have tried the black sesame and red bean tang yuans on Dong Zhi, i like the red bean tang yuan more, very ho chiat :)

Mummy Moon said...

I tried frozen Tang Yuan before, it is nice too.. and my mil knows how to make black sesame tang yuan , it is very tasty, I have ask her the recipe, but just lazy to try it out, maybe next year ...

Mummy to QiQi said...

Kristie, like you, we make and eat these balls one whole year long too :)

Btw, if u need help to use the sling, you could buzz me anytime!Babies love to be sling, it is wasted if you do not make good use of your sling. Furthermore, they are really not cheap!

Kristie said...

little inbox- yes it really taste nice and it's so much more convenient!

joanne- yeah u should try them one day :) i love red bean too! very ho chiak! :)

mummy moon- u can try the recipe anytime actually... i can eat tang yuans all year round haha! wow ur mum's tang yuans must be really yummy!

mummy to qiqi- yes... i eat them whenever i feel like it!

i've been watching videos too on how to use the sling but still cant use it confidently!

Esmeralda said...

Kristie, u really made me drool!!! I love tang yuans as well, and hb has been asking me to make some more, but still couldn't find the time... hmm.. might as well buy it ya.. what brand did u buy?

Kristie said...

haha esmeralda, look out ur saliva is dripping all over! haha :p

i cant remember the brand, but it is called rainbow tang yuans :)

i am sure ur hubby will love this!

Esmeralda said...

Haha... I wiped my saliva liao lor.. *lol*

Thks. I'll be on the lookout next time when I go groceries shopping... Yup, hope he will like it, otherwise I have to do it manually.

slavemom said...

If they taste as good as homemade ones, then it's vy convenient. Can eat tang yuan whole yr round.

Serene said...

I have been eating tang yuan all year round.. haha.. because i love it! Will usually buy at the supermarket when i craving for it! I and hubby love the red bean flavoured most!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Haha, then we shall exchange our recipe the next time.

Kristie said...

esmeralda- haha... i really hope that ur hubby would love it too :) or maybe try the frozen ones first and tell him that u made them... if he likes it, then just keep quiet! hehe!

slavemom- yup it's so much more convenient and they taste good too :)

serene- yes, red bean ones are good! my hubby also likes the black sesame ones.

joanne- sure! another good recipe is to use soyabean like what nicole mentioned :)

Esmeralda said...

I love that idea Kristie.. I'll do that and wait for my post ya... ;)

Kristie said...

ok esmeralda, i wish u the best of luck *cross fingers* ya! :)

Natalia said...

The colours are so sweet. I never try frozen tang yuans. Since you said it was good, I'll try it next time I go shopping.

Kristie said...

yeah natalia, do try them out and i hope u will like it too! :)