Saturday, November 22, 2008

More on Mummy as a SAHM

well initially when i decided to be a SAHM, i didnt really know if i could cope... but surprisingly i am coping pretty well... thanks to jayden's cooperation with mummy of cos :) amidst the diaper changing, preparing milk, sterilising bottles, bathing jayden, playing etc... i love the times i have with him... he's also very responsive now... always ready with a smile for mummy! that really melts my heart...

i've also been doing stuffs which i have not done when i was working... i've been catching up on reading! actually i've always loved reading, but it really takes a good book to make me sit and finish the whole book... my worst reading habit is to never finish the novel... hehhehe anyway i've just finished one novel, titled 'Naked Face' by Sidney Sheldon, it's really entertaining and full of suspense, i love novels like these :) i'm now starting on another novel given by my sis from last christmas... imagine now xmas is coming, and i've never started reading that novel till now! of cos, i clean the house too... i like the house clean, it is somewhat a therapy for me to clean the house, i feel happy when it's clean. good exercise for mummy too! ;)

there are so many things jayden does everyday to surprise mummy... now when i tickle him, he lets out giggles, sooooo cute!!! he's also very responsive now... and aware of his surroundings too... everyday is something different, i guess that is how SAHMs survive huh? :) of cos plus the love factor u have for ur child, it is something indescribable!

27 friends spoke up!:

MeRy said...

Kristie, we are in the same boat.....taking care ur baby 24/7 and spend most of our precious times with them.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kristie - No doubt, sometimes is kinda of mundane to be a SAHM...But I think the fun part is watching our precious one growing up day by day and the time spent with them..

Mummy Gwen said...

Well Done Kristie. You are coping really well being a SAHM. You even had time to read and clean the house! I think Jayden must be a good baby..haha..When Gwen was around Jayden's age, I struggled a bit..haha..

Kristie said...

mery- yes, i guess when jayden gives me a smile, it is sort of saying: 'thank u mummy for taking care of me' :)

joanne- yeah watching them grow daily and learn new things is something really exciting... they grow so fast man... cant miss a thing!

mummy gwen- hahhah no lah... trying to be a good mummy too like all of u! jayden has his ups and downs like all of us... i try to squeeze in all these chores while he's sleeping or playing on his own!

slavemom said...

Welcome to the SAHM club! It sounds like u're loving n enjoying this new 'job'. :) Jayden's lucky to be taken care by mummy 24/7. Btw, I've added u too. ;)

Kristie said...

slavemom- yes he is indeed very lucky to have his mummy give up her job to look after him :)

Julie said...

You are doing great. Glad that you find joy in being a SAHM. Now yo make me envy.... :(

Natalia said...

Glad to know that you're happy with your new job and can cope it very well.

Soon Jayden will entertain you more with his new milestones. That's the joy of being SAHM.

Kristie said...

julie- dont be sad. I am sure u are a great FTWM too :)

natalia- yeah am looking forward to his antics!

little prince's mummy said...

Great job!~ Glad to hear u enjoy being a SAHM!~

LittleLamb said...

U r doing great. Keep it up.

Kristie said...

peiwun- thanks dear! hugs to bb sean!

rachel- thanks, am trying my best. hugs to philip!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Good on you, on your decision to be a SAHM! I wouldn't have the guts to stay at home WHOLE day with TWO BOY! It's likened to a suicide ho ho ho

Serene said...

Glad to hear you coping well with your new life style!

Adrine said...

Keep up the good job!

For me, I sometimes get more stressed out when I'm home alone with Elyssa compared to being at the office ;)

Kristie said...

Bryan & Brandon's Mama- hahhahah ur 2 boys will 'entertain' u the whole day and night huh! :)

serene- thanks dear, hugs to xixi!

adrine- thanks for dropping by!

yes i agree, it takes lots of patience to be a SAHM!

FAMILY FIRST said...

Nice to know you are beginning to enjoy your new life.

Kristie said...

hi family first, yes it is great to be able to enjoy this life...

Leeyen said...

Hi Kristie,
Thanks for linking me up here. Yes being a SAHM is great if you dont mind to be called as "Aunty" lor! :)

Kristie said...

leeyen, not all SAHM are aunties lah... last time housewives all referred to as aunties... not anymore.. :)

Baby Darren said...

thanks for dropping by my blog. I've added u in my blogroll too. :)

You are doing great and glad to hear that u are enjoying ur life now. Spend more time for urself now as when he grows bigger, he will need more of ur time.

Fussy mum said...

kristie, thanks for visiting my humble blog and linked me up here :)

I'm sure u will do a good job as a SAHM.

Anonymous said...

So surprising u quit ur job and be a SAHM. I hope to be but economic not allow.

Anyway, u have choice a good decision to be a good mother for Jayden. Kristie, add oil Vs Kambathie.

From Grape

Kristie said...

baby darren- hi thanks for coming by. I find time for me alone now is still there... true once they grow bigger, they sleep lesser and demand more of ur attention!

fussy mum- thanks for dropping by and yes, i'll try my best! :)

grape- hey dear, dont worry whatever u do, ur bb will be happy. Thanks...

Something About Us said...

so good to be able to be SAHM !! Sigh! I am only a PTSAHM..have to work partime to help in the finance burden that is weighing on hubby's. nonetheless, I am thankful for the time allowed to be with them :)

- Ling

Kristie said...

ling, hi! thanks for dropping by... i understand how u would love to spend all the time u have with ur kids :)

btw, what part time job are u doing?

dont mind we xchange blogs ya!

Deana E said...

hi, first time here..your jayden look like my friend's baby cayden...heheh adorable..