Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week 37 + 38


My 37th week check up went on smoothly... gynae checked my blood pressure, normal... bb's heartbeat, good... bb's position, head down, good!.... bb's movements are good!

just complained of swelling of feet, and my tonsilitis lah... gynae said will deal with that after delivery cos i cant take just any sort of medication esp. now...

So i asked him when do u think i will deliver? and my gynae said i still look very comfortable hehhhe... he said u will experience lightening where ur tummy will drop even lower. and he asked if i experienced any contractions, which i said no.. cos no serious pain yet...

but these few days i did experience pain in the pelvic area esp after i pee... it is a painful sensation that lasts only for a while...

------------------------------------------------------------------


It's wonderful to see what your baby is like shortly after his birth. You can see by his position how he was lying in the uterus. He probably crosses his legs in the same manner and places his hands just like he did in the womb: under his chin, thumb in his mouth, his little hand over his ear or against his nose or cheek. If you lift your baby up shortly after the birth while he is in the fetal position, you can see exactly how he was folded up in your womb. Take a picture because in a few days he can no longer do this trick.


The due date is not for another three weeks but babies seldom come into the world on the exact date that was calculated. Only five percent of women give birth on that day. There is a five week window of opportunity around your due date, from 37-42 weeks of "due time."


Bb Jayden has this to say:

"With my little legs crossed like this and my thumb in my mouth, I can hold on for a little while."

Taken from 3d Pregnancy

13 friends spoke up!:

serene said...

Amazing... same like u, i always thought what is my baby doing inside my womb last time.
btw, Kristie, when is ur maternity leave start?

kristie said...

hey serene, i am starting my maternity leave next mon :) yipee!

JoAnne said...

Another week to start your maternity leave, envy la can rest earlier :) Last time i just rest 4 days for 1st bb, 2nd bb i think to rest earlier but no chance at all, today go for medical check up, next day admitted oledi, haha... Just guess that BB Jayden will out within a week, let see 'chun' or not, hehe !!

kristie said...

hey joanne!

ya man... one more week to go... heheh hope my timing is good lah... can rest for a while before jayden decides to see me :)

Mery said...

Kris, another week for resting....time flies fast,bb Jayden is coming out to this world soon....HAPPIE~~

kristie said...

hey mery...

yup hopefully my planning will be ok... rest one week before my due date lor... then see when jayden wants to come and greet mummy & daddy!

Fann said...

Jayden will be very happy to come to this world, with such a loving mum and dad...

and also lots of love from Aunty Liwen and sy ..hahahhahhaha

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hai Kristie, I always ask you not to gan zheong, but as the days come nearer and nearer, I am the one who gan zheong!! Haha...
Anyway, dont forget to update me and others once you give birth, ok?

kristie said...

sy- ya man i cant wait for u both to come down and see jayden :) miss u both!!!

joanne- yeah dear dont worry, i will update u :) u are my dai ka jie mah! hahahhah thanks for ur concern, really appreciated!

little prince said...

It's amazing to feels bb inside the tummy~

kristie said...

yes pei wun, it is indeed a miracle :) i am going to miss that feeling!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ai yo....I am "sai ka jie", not DAI ka jie...hehe..
Anyway, I hope to hear from you good news soon.

kristie said...

joanne... dont worry i will let u all know dear :) thanks!