Saturday, July 5, 2008

36th week check up


yipee!!!! from next week, check ups will be weekly already..... went for check up this morning, long anticipated one cos it was still fortnightly.... :)

gynae said good, bb's head is down already, everything looks great!!! Dr. Fong is a very straightforward doctor, but he will advise accordingly... very professional indeed. And what i am most comfortable with is my mum actually went to him 20 over yrs back, and he delivered me and my sister! :) that is really yrs and yrs of experience.... and my mum also said he is very good...

anyway when doc confirmed bb's position when doing ultrasound, i was thrilled! no wonder i could feel the difference in baby's movements inside me these past few days, at different positions! and baby is very cramped inside now, cos less space to move around mah... dr fong said baby's weight now should be around 2.3kg... which is still ok ya... i am so scared to push a big head baby out hahahha....

i also told him abt my tonsilitis, and he asked me what medication am i taking, so i said my panel doctor actually gave me a mouth gargle and some antibiotics... but i didnt dare to touch the antibiotics cos i will get yeast infection once i take antibiotics... so normally i will try to avoid lor.... and dr fong said better take it if ur tonsilitis gets worse cos otherwise the infection might spread... that made me a little worried... so i am just hoping that my tonsilitis will clear up soon as i am tryng to avoid the antibiotics.... mmm......

also asked him for advice on maternity leave, when should i start taking it? and he said on the day u deliver lah!.... alamak... i thought want to take one week before delivering, but damn hard to predict also, dilemma dilemma.... dr fong advised me to take only when i deliver so that i wont waste my maternity leave... hai.... see how it goes lah... and he told me frankly, he dont issue mcs to his patients one to apply for early maternity leave... good that he is quite ethical.

anyway next week will be another magical point of my pregnancy, bb is full term!!!!

jayden jayden, when are u coming out to see mummy and daddy? :) u are really so active ya, still moving all over inside mummy... i feel another kick and punch! :)

15 friends spoke up!:

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Wow!! I can imagine the movement of Jayden inside you..
Anyway, please take care and drink more water.

kristie said...

ya joanne, he is always so active inside me, will he be the same when he is out? :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Is ok, if Jayden is very active when he is out, ok mah...I am sure the daddy loves to play with him.

Therese Marie Khor said...

Ouch.! another punch...
You'll be meeting Jayden very soon.
Im sure yr family is so excited. Everyone is waiting to see Jayden :)

kristie said...

joanne- yeah lor... he is so hyper now, even my hubby is getting more and more excited... really cant wait for his arrival!!!

therese- yeah another punch/kick, it goes on the whole day :) i am glad though!!! yeah everyone is really so excited, waiting and waiting.... :)

Wonderful Life said...

Don't worry, continue going to work but do take note on baby's movement and kicks everyday. Delivery process for first pregnancy will take some time lor. It's not like shown in tv dramas :P . I took 11 hrs in labour to give birth to my boy. Anyway, just admit to hosp when the tummy pain/contractions 5 mins apart. Have a safe delivery... congrats & take care ya! ;)

Serene said...

Can feel your excitement and happiness, Kris!
Ya, i do agree with your gynae, don't take leave till you deliver.. hahaa..

Ping said...

Wow! I can imagine how Jayden moving inside ur tummy now. hehehe!When he deliver sure he will be super active.

kristie said...

hi 'wonderful life', how do i address u? ur blog is titled: anything lah! right? maybe i will link ur blog up to mine ya :)

thanks for ur advice!

serene- thanks... ya 1st time mums all go through this phase of excitement ya!

yenping- hahhaha wah super active ah... i must be like sotong already... many hands and legs to jaga him hehehehe

kiLikiNa said...

your doctor is right as in maternity leave starts on the day you deliver. however, before that, if you feel to tired to work, you can always ask for MC. some doctors don't tell patients this and their pregnant patients end up being very tired. i took 1.5 weeks MC before my delivery to rest.

http://thenest.garynchristine.com

kristie said...

hi u are chris right? from love nest? :)

yeah i thought of that too... but my gynae already said... he doesnt issue mc to his patients one........mmmmmm!

little prince said...

looking forward to c ur bb

kristie said...

hi 'little prince', how do i address u?

what is ur bb's name?

thanks, i also cant wait to meet my bb :)

Serene said...

Kris, i got an awards for u... feel free get it from my blog. OK! see ya!!

kristie said...

serene, thanks for the award, i am honoured! :)