Friday, June 20, 2008

no work today.....

Took a day mc today... had terrible sleep last night!!!!! had pelvic joint aches for almost more than a week now... last 2 nights were the worst... everytime i turned my body, my legs cant go too far apart, otherwise the groin area will hurt... then my back, neck also hurts...hai.... so didnt sleep well at all last night! Each time i want to turn from left to right, i have to turn so slowly to minmise the ache, but still aches lah...!!!

and guess what... i had leg cramps before right... but this morning was the worst! i woke up and told my hubby abt all these discomfort i had last night... and while i was talking and trying to turn, my left leg had cramps! so pain until i had to cry out, my hubby quickly massaged my calves for me.... after that abt 5 mins, it eased... and then when i wanted to turn to the right this time, cos my back really aches, cannot find comfortable position, my right leg cramped up!!! this one really was pain until i cried.... my hubby also panicked quickly applied yoko yoko for me and massaged my calves... never have i had 2 legs cramped abt 5 mins apart, normally only one side....hai....

later after all the drama i asked james: do u know why i cried? and he said because u were frustrated and pek chek mah.... then i said u are so smart.. i was not crying cos of the pain, it is more of the frustration that my whole body was aching, and it was beyond my control! and the leg cramps plus all the above made me feel kind of useless and handicapped.. so very pek chek lah... luckily james answered correctly, otherwise he will get a smack on the forehead! i want him to know i am not such a baby to cry over little things!

So I just came back from SJMC for check up with my gynae, supposed to be tomorrow, but since i am not working today, i thought to bring forward to today, lesser patients and can express all my problems to him too... he said the joint aches are because the bones are grinding together and it makes sleeping very difficult esp. u turn, which is so true..... and told him abt leg cramps, he said must always take the calcium supplements that he gave, i told him i have been taking every single night without fail!

anyway discussed on a few other issues such as pain relief during labour, and inducing labour... more to come in the next few weeks :) muaks...

10 friends spoke up!:

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kesian you...when I read thru the story, I can imagine how was the situation.
Last time, i also has the same problem (Legs cramp), but it is not as worst as yours...
Anyway, these are just temporary matter..After you delivered, you can even yoga2 with the legs and body! Be patient ya!

JoAnne said...

pity kristie mummy, just patient for few more weeks, it will release... Have more rest ya !

hannee said...

oh pity kristie,i knew it is very pain, if not u would not just cry out...Hope u r feel much better now. Take care ya.

Ping said...

Pity Kristie, i really can feel and imagine the pain because i has gone through this but not as serious as yours. Mine last time just one legs cramp.

My mum has teach me before the legs cramp getting worse and i still able to take up my leg put at the wall (like press your leg at the wall) and it's really work. No more pain at all. Maybe it can help you (if you still able to move ur leg and your bed is near the wall then u can consider to do it) :)

kristie said...

JoanneT- hahha after delivery can yoga ah??? my body very stiff one lah, u know i cant even reach my toes! :p

JoanneN- thanks dear, yup i am trying to stretch my patience heheh esp. while still working...

hannee- ya i hate to cry lah really... unless i really have no choice! so *malu* hehehe like crybaby!

YP- ya usually i quickly flex my feet towards me, it is pain for a while but it will release the pain in the calf muscles... thanks for ur suggestion!

thanks all mummies for ur concern.... i can feel the love! :)

Mery said...

Kristie , do take good care.....

My Lil' Monster said...

Kris, Be patient ok. Just a few weeks only. Do Talk to Baby more. Take care.

kristie said...

mery- thanks a lot :)

violet- yup baby is very active inside! thanks for everything!

Liwen said...

YOu know what? does it means little Jayden can't wait to come out and see his mummy and daddy already????

welll... must be damn pek chek.. bear with it for another few more weeks ba!!! Jayden.. be nice to mummy.. if not jie jie wen beat ur backside when see u! hahaah

Serene said...

Poor Kristie... do take care ya.. bear with it another 1month, after giving birth all uncomfortable will gone!